free counters

Friday, March 30, 2012

10 Dishes I miss in the Philippines

I certainly am enjoying my married life. I didn't find it difficult to adjust since I am born independent and I am with my ever loving and responsible husband. But in some point of my life, I crave for some distinct Filipino dishes which leave a sweet taste on my palate.

Here is my version of the 10 FOODS I MISS IN THE PHILIPPINES

1. Macaroni Fruit Salad


Birthday celebrations, Wedding ceremonies, or any family gatherings, Macaroni Fruit Salad ( Buko salad too) is never absent. Unlike here, ( I don't know for others) they find the taste weird to mix pasta with fruits. I really miss this, and I can't even buy fresh fruits rather buy them from tins.

2. Sinigang na Bangus & Pork Sinigang



Yumyum! Smells good, tastes even better.! 
Sour for some, but absolutely this soup is one of my favorite dishes. Unfortunately I can't cook these dishes here, because I couldn't find best tamarind 
powder for this yet. 


















3. Pochero


Oh yes! perfect for Sunday lunch, when all members of the family are at home. Best served with Coke and rice.

4. Manggang Hilaw with Bagoong ( Green Mango with Shrimp paste)




Don't get me wrong, I am not pregnant. However whenever I see my friends post their pictures of mango, I am literally salivating. And yes! this is one of my favorite appetizer! I like this Carabao green mango best paired with sauted Bagoong.! Oh gawd!


5. Adobong Pork, Chicken & Chicken liver ( atay ng manok)


I just love them! Beyond any words.. with rice


6. Sisig 



7. Barbecue


Whether this barbecue is served as an appetizer, or for meal, I definitely miss this Filipino barbecue for its distinct taste. I love them with Mang Tomas or with spicy soy sauce. 
I usually eat this with my  bare hands ( kinamay)

8. Cornedbeef


For breakfast, lunch, or even dinner.  

9. Mango Float 


Very easy to make yet time consuming. When served, it will only last at about 5 minutes. (If you know what I mean) This mouth watering dessert is just awesome.

10. Pork Tocino


I don't care about the fats, cholesterol. I want to enjoy eating each day with the foods I love. 



I hope you enjoyed my version. How about yours? Let me know, and let us share our own stories. :)


4 comments:

  1. This is good food collection and very tasty food.
    thanks admin.
    Bogratown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I haven't eaten balot, and I don't find the taste delicious Jacek. Thanks for swinging by my page. :)

      Delete

Any comments or suggestions?