free counters

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Poland vs. Russia



It was a tense Tuesday in the land of Poles, specially in Warsaw where the EURO 2012 was held.
Me and my husband went to Warsaw for an approximate of 5 hours for a different purpose. We went there by car, stopped for a while, took a nap, got through the heavy traffic and finally arrived to our destination.



After the appointment, we headed to the center where people of different nationalities jammed, cheered and shouted for their bets! It was pretty fun to feel the enthusiasm they had for their players, either by Russians or by Pols. I didn't exactly recognize who Russians were until they wear their color-flag-liked shirts, or banners whatever or hear them speak that is absolutely way different from the Polish language.


We then headed for home, as we didn't want to miss the game of Russia Vs. Poland on live television.
It was a pretty exhausting day. Scorching sun, crowded and busy streets plus lack of sleep. But thanks God, our primary goal in going to Warsaw was achieved, I can then shout, GOAL!



Russian Folks! ( I remember my students now.)

"Fun Welcomes Fans" 





and that's the stadium!
I bet they are tourists! :D



These were the photos I took during the 5 hour time in Warsaw. If I went there literally to watch the game, I surely had hundreds of photos.


Later that night, we fortunately arrived home 10 minutes before the game Russia vs. Poland started. Russia scored 1 and I am happy at least before the game ended, Poland made it to 1 too..

1-1 it is! Congrats! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or suggestions?